1. This is a public auction sale conducted by Mumbai based licensed auctioneer, Rajgor's (hereinafter referred to as "Auctioneer"). Bidding in this Auction constitutes acceptance by you (the "Bidder/Buyer") of all the conditions of sale stated herein. Bidders may include consignors who may bid and purchase lots in the Auction consigned by the consignor or by other consignors pursuant to their consignment agreement. The Auctioneer reserves the right to include in any auction sale its own material. Bidder acknowledges and agrees that the Auctioneer may not be required to pay a Buyer`s Premium, or other charges that other Bidders may be required to pay, and may have access to information concerning the lots that is not otherwise available to the public. Any claimed conflict of interest or claimed competitive advantage resulting there from is expressly waived by all participants in the Auction. The Buyer is the Bidder who makes the highest bid accepted by the Auctioneer and includes the principal of any Bidder acting as an agent. In the event of any dispute regarding the Bidders, the Auctioneer shall have absolute discretion to determine the dispute or may re-sell the disputed lot.
2. The Auctioneer reserve the right to postpone or cancel the auction without notice in its sole discretion. Any lot/s may be withdrawn by Auctioneer without notice prior to its being opened for bidding. The Auctioneer or Consignor shall not be liable for any costs or damages arising from either the withdrawn of material at the auction or the delay or cancellation of the auction.
3. The Auctioneer shall have absolute discretion to divide any lot, to combine any lots, or to withdraw lots from the sale without giving any reasons. The bidding shall be regulated at the absolute discretion of the Auctioneer who shall have the right to refuse any bid/s.
4. The estimate figures for each lot are the Auctioneer's estimation of an expected price only. These estimates are not representative of a reserve price and are published only as a guide to buyers. Bidders may bid at or within the estimate, or above the estimate, however, bids which are less than the lower estimate will not be considered by the Auctioneer.
5. Lots may carry a Reserve. A Reserve is a confidential price or bid below which the Auctioneer will not sell an item or will bid on behalf of the Consignor or for the Rajgor's. The Auctioneer reserves the right to place bids on behalf of the consignor up to the amount of a reserve price established by the consigner. The Realised Prices on the Website / Price Realisation, show the final price recorded for each listed lot, which are without the Buyer’s Premium. In some case, the final Realised Price may be a Bid or a Reserve Price placed by the Consignor / Auctioneer and therefore some lots may remain Unsold at the stated Realised Price.
6. The Auctioneer acts solely as an agent and shall not be responsible for any default either by the buyer or by the seller or for any action or claim which may arise in respect of any lot.
7. The bids will be opened for bidding in numerical order. In the event that bids for the same amount are received for the same lot, the winning bid will be the earliest received. The decision of the Auctioneer as to identity of the winning bidder shall be final.
8. Only a registered member is allowed to bid in the auction. Each auction requires a new registration. Registration process may require your Client ID and/or you may be required to fill a registration form with your address, telephone number, and signature, after which you will be allotted a numbered paddle to bid. First-time bidders may be asked to provide references and/or a refundable Security Money Deposit and/or submit a government-issued Photo ID (Aadhaar / PAN Card) before the start of the auction, subject to the Auctioneer's sole discretion. Any person submitting bids on behalf of a corporation or any other person / persons, agrees to be personally liable for full payment of the invoice.
The Auctioneer reserves the right to prevent those bidders to take a part in auction who have not paid their previous bills. In case of a default of payment by the bidders, their Security Money Deposit will be forfeited and will not be returned. In case the Security Deposit is lower than the Invoice amount, the Auctioneer shall re-sale the concerned lots in direct sale or in auction. The amount of such a resale will be adjusted against the default outstanding. In case the resale amount is lower than the outstanding Invoice amount, the difference of the Invoice amount will be charged to the Bidder who has failed to pay the Invoice amount. Buyer agrees to pay such a difference amount within Seven (7) days of final settlement of the Invoice. Non-payment of this amount will be charged with the Interest at the rate of 2% per month for the overdue amount. The Auctioneer reserves the right to publish the Names of such Defaulters at appropriate places.
9. Bidding commissions for anyone unable to attend the auction in person may be carried out by the Auctioneer without charge, in strict confidence. But "BUY" commissions will only be accepted, solely at the absolute discretion of the Auctioneer. No bids will be accepted from Minors. Bids lower than lower estimate will not be accepted.
10. Auctioneer shall make maximum efforts to properly enter and execute bids received by E-mail, Fax or by other means. However, Auctioneer shall not be liable for any errors for incorrectly entered or incorrectly executed bids. Bidders are responsible for their bids including any errors they may make in placing bids. Auctioneer reserve the right to refuse and reject unsigned bid sheet.
11. Lots are sold as shown with all faults, imperfections and errors of description. Neither the Auctioneer nor the seller shall give warranty to any buyer in respect of any lot or be liable for any fault or error of description. All statements as to the items sold, whether made in catalogues, during the course of the auction, or otherwise are statements of opinion only, and are not and shall not be taken to be statements or representations of fact. The Auctioneer reserves the right in forming his opinion, or to consult and rely upon any expert or authority considered by him reliable. The auctioneer has taken such a professional care and expertise about the description and genuineness of the items offered for sale in the auctions. However, notwithstanding the forgoing, if any lot should have beenwrongly described in any material aspect or about a doubt of its genuineness; the buyer may reject the same, provided that s/he shall have given notice of intention to do so and shall have returned the same lot in the Original Sealed Packing, to the Auctioneer within seven (7) days from the day of the sale. Under no circumstances will the Auctioneer be liable for any costs, expenses or damages incurred by the buyer in respect of any lot, including, but not limited to, loss of any kind of profit whatsoever.
12. We strongly recommend the bidders to scrutinize the lots they bid for with regards to their condition, description and genuineness. Buyers must satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of their purchases at the time of delivery. The Auctioneer cannot be held responsible for any discrepancy which might be discovered after the delivery of the lots.
13. Each lot shall be at the buyer's risk from the fall of the hammer.
14. Delivery is against payment in full. Delivery of the items may be made on the following day after receiving full payment of the purchase price.
15. The Purchase price shall be the sum of winning bid and a Buyer's premium plus applicable taxes, has to be paid by the purchaser. The total Invoice amount shall be paid in full prior to delivery of the lot within 7 (Seven) days of the date of invoice. The Auctioneer reserves the right to charge the interest at the rate of 2% per month for the overdue amount.
16. Payment shall be in Indian Rupees by Online Transfer or in cash or by cheques / DD drawn on Indian banks. The purchase price shall be paid upon delivery of the lot or receipt of Invoice for the lot, whichever occurs first. All associated costs for the delivery of lots such as handling, shipping, and insurance will be added to the purchase price. Credit Card Payments are subject to 3% surcharge on Master and Visa Cards.
17. The Auctioneer will not hold himself responsible for the safe custody of any lots left for more than Seven (7) working days after the date of sale; and reserves the right to charge storage and re-sell by auction or privately, and without notice to the buyer, any lots not removed from his premises within Fourteen (14) days from the date of sale. Buyers shall not be entitled to remove lots from the auction room during the course of the auction.
18. Export of Antiquities: Buyers are requested to note that according to the Antiquities and Art Treasures Act, 1972 (Act No. 52 of 1972), items (including coins) over 100 years old, cannot be exported out of India without the permission of the Director General, Archaeological Survey of India, Janpath, New Delhi.
19. By bidding in the auction, the Bidder enters in a legal contract and accepts to honour all his/her successful bids within 7 (Seven) days of the receipt of his invoice. The bidder must clear all their payments within a period of 1 (One) month from the date of auction, else their claim on their auction items will cease to exists. The auctioneer in such a case will be at liberty to sale or re-auction the items without informing the concerned Bidder/Buyer. By making a bid, the buyer acknowledges his/her acceptance of all these terms and conditions of sale and shall be bound by them. These Conditions shall take effect and be construed in accordance with Indian law and are subject to Mumbai Jurisdiction.
20. Subject to transfer of ownership along with registration of antiquities in accordance with the provisions of the Antiquities and Art Treasure Act, 1972 and rules made thereafter, all lots of antiquities will be shipped out in an “as is” condition meaning that the item is sold with all existing faults and imperfections.
21. The Bidders are required to provide all invoicing details to the Rajgor's prior to the sale at the time of registering.
22. The price estimates do not include any packing, shipping, handling or insurance charges, all of which will be borne by the buyer. The exact amount of shipping-handling and insurance will be conveyed when the final invoice is prepared.
23. All duties and taxes as applicable, including GST and/or other taxes will be borne by the buyer.
24. Purchases are normally shipped within 60 (Sixty) days from the date of the receipt of the full payment and of the transfer of papers duly signed by the buyer. The transfer and or delivery of ownership of antiquities along with registration is a regulatory process administered by the Archaeological Survey of India and may take longer than envisaged period of 60 days. The buyer will be informed about the current status or delay of their transfers.
25. Buyers may choose to collect their purchases from the Rajgor's office in Mumbai after the transfer is completed.
26. The buyer shall ensure that all payment formalities are completed within 7 (Seven) working days of the receipt of the invoice. In case payment is not received within such period, this shall be treated as a breach of contract and the Rajgor's may take any steps, including the institution of legal proceedings, which are appropriate to enforce payment by the buyer. The buyer shall also be charged demurrage @ 1% per month on the value of the lots. In case of such defaulters the Rajgor’s reserves the right to publish / announce their names on their website and at appropriate places.
27. Images or illustrations are Not to Scale. Colours of images of lots might vary from actual because of photographic lighting conditions. We strongly recommend the bidders to inspect their lots before bidding.
28. The auction is conducted in Indian Rupees.